This site grew out of realization that it is hard for consumers to find information about farm shares. I've had a farm share for years, and really believe in the power of farm shares to educate the consumer, provide great value and build community.
To get your Colorado farm listed (for free), just send us an email via the contact us form. Please send a link to your signup form if available, or include farm, share and pickup information. In addition, we like to put pictures on farm listings, so we'll probably ask you for one.
If you have a question about this site, or any of the content on it, or a suggestion/correction or deletion, please contact us.
Obviously, sites like Local Harvest provide more geographic reach and other services, but I like to think that ColoradoCSAs.info is different.
I also wanted to list resources for local farmers that I've come across in my web searches.
- The CSU Small Farms mailing list sends infrequent emails about classes, grants and other useful opportunities for small farms. Also, a quarterly small farm aimed classifieds is sent to this email list.
- Here's a research paper from Leslie Reiker, a student at Colorado State University: How to Maintain a Sustainable Low-Input CSA Farm in Colorado.
- Information on urban agriculture, for neighborhood supported farms.
- The Boulder county extension office has lots of useful information for farmers.
- Colorado Farm To Market has information on regulations for farm produced products.
- Farm and Food Jobs is a jobs site focusing on farm and food based jobs.
- A free online handbook on running, planning, and growing a multi-farm CSA